Real estate agent
+31 6 53 14 78 28
A regal home amidst water and meadows, within cycling distance of the city!
This (semi-detached) farmhouse is in a gorgeous location in the sought-after village of Goutum, on the outskirts of the town and close to its historic center. The farmhouse was completely remodeled 10 years ago, leading to a fantastic home with room for everyone.
This home offers everything you need for a lovely, lavish lifestyle: extremely large spaces with premium, elegant finishes and a green buffer in the form of a wonderful garden with sunny terraces (with a hot tub), and an orchard with fruit trees. From now on, you can make your own, completely organic jams and jellies!
Cocktails and beers are best enjoyed in your own private cafe with a bar; the porched and heated terrace is the perfect spot to unwind until the early hours. Do you want to take your boat for a spin? Depart from your private jetty to explore the Frisian lakes or head toward Leeuwarden's inner city.
And if you love horses.... this property includes two horse stables, a riding arena and a paddock for your horses to graze. And when family or friends come over to visit, they have a fabulous timber tiny house at their disposal - right in the garden.
It's hard to find a property that has it all. But here it is: Heechhiem number 2-a in Goutum!
- portico entrance with double doors;
- stunning tall hall with a mezzanine, stairs with an open gallery, restroom with a wall-mounted toilet and washbasin and a coat nook;
- large living space with room for several sitting areas, Belgian soapstone mantel (open/closed use possible), wide windows with French doors opening to the south-facing terrace;
- open-plan kitchen with a chef's island, 6-burner Boretti stove with a small and a large (electric) oven, steam oven, combination microwave, extractor, refrigerator, freezer, dishwasher, coffee maker (with a water line) and composite countertops;
- dining area with a built-in cabinet;
- pantry/utility room connecting to the hall and the:
- Home cafe with a bar with a beer pump, large windows, connecting to the:
- veranda/porched and heated terrace.
- stunning and bright master bedroom with sliding doors to the loggia and walk-in closet;
- connecting bathroom with a free-standing bathtub, double walk-in shower, double vanity and wall-mounted toilet;
- adjacent laundry room with the laundry station;
- 2nd bedroom with a fitted double bed, built-in closet and adjacent:
- bathroom with a shower, vanity and wall-mounted toilet;
- 3rd bedroom with a work station and fitted closets and adjacent:
- bathroom with a shower, two vanities and wall-mounted toilet;
- 4th bedroom;
- 5th bedroom/study with a fitted workstation.
- multi-functional space, suitable as a study, playroom or lounge area;
- 6th bedroom with a fitted sink.
- multi-functional space with linoleum flooring, sauna, currently used as a gym;
- storage area, with a loft ladder to the attic space.
The tiny house is in the orchard, a quirky compact timber house. This house can be used as a guest accommodation, private address for a parent, older (live-in) child or even as a B&B. The ground floor features a living room with a wood-burner and an open-plan kitchen, a bathroom with a toilet, sink and shower, a hallway and a storage area, and the bedroom and further storage is upstairs. From here, and from the terrace, the view of the surroundings is simply breathtaking!
To the east of the farmhouse is ample parking space, both outdoors and indoors in the double garage, next to which is the spacious (bicycle) shed and two horse stables. At the rear is a convenient roofed area, a dry place for the horses (and tractor/mower). The riding arena is competition-sized, the paddock is out front (concrete with fencing).
The property also includes a jetty (with electrics and lighting) for a boat. The water opens to 'Wurdumer Feart' waterway, from where you can go in all directions. Maximum sailing height of 1.5 m.
- Semi-detached farmhouse,
- fully remodeled in 2010, preserving and using beautiful, original elements;
- total plot size of 10,925 sqm (freehold);
- full insulation;
- heating: central heating unit with underrfloor heating and radiators;
- main bedroom fitted with air conditioning;
- oak parquet (recently treated) on the ground-floor level;
- wooden flooring on the upstairs levels;
- premium finishes with plaster ceilings and walls, recessed lights and custom-made, solid wood doors;
- the porched terrace /veranda has built-in lighting, heaters and speakers;
- several technical/practical features including secured, finger scan entry, Sonos system with built-in speakers (living room, veranda and bar), water softener, high-voltage power, 1,000 liter water tank, waste disposal, etc.;
- garages with automatic, remote-controlled sectional doors;
- the ‘tiny house’ is heated by means of a wood-burner;
- closing upon mutual agreement.