Well maintained semi-detached waterside villa in the heart of Wassenaar.
This stylish home, situated on a plot of nearly 800m2, offers ca. 288m2 of interior space arranged over 3 storeys plus an attic and cellar. Outside is a beautifully landscaped front garden with an electrically operated fence and parking for 2 cars; the back garden borders a waterway that extends to Leiden and the Kaag.
The central location could hardly be more convenient, just a short walk from the charming town centre, schools, shops and parks, and mere minutes from motorways.
The front door opens to a vestibule with a large area for coat storage and an anti-draught door to the spacious central hall. Facing the front is a big sitting room with a semi-circular bow window and a fireplace with antique French sandstone mantel. Both the living and adjoining dining rooms have oak parquet flooring and built-in storage. The hall also gives access to a modern guest lavatory, a study/family room, and the gorgeous fully-equipped custom-crafted kitchen. An enchanting sun-filled English conservatory, accessible from both the kitchen and the dining room, adds both extra room and a natural flow to the space. A 2-part cellar houses the central heating unit and boiler (both installed in 2017) and a pressurized water system as well as an extensive pantry and wine storage area.
On the first floor is a good-sized landing with a modern separate w.c. A large front bedroom has a balcony and an adjacent dressing room with beautiful fitted wardrobes; the big back bedroom also has built-in closets. There are 2 full bathrooms: the one facing the front has a bath, large walkin shower, and double vanity; the back bathroom has a bath, vanity, bidet, w.c., and built-in storage.
The second floor has a landing with fitted storage, a substantial bedroom with skylight, and a huge bathroom with bath, shower, steam cabin, washbasin, and separate w.c. This was formerly a bedroom, and could easily be repurposed as such with a Jack and Jill style bathroom connecting the two.
The top floor comprises a spacious bedroom with ample built-in storage.
Facts, figures, and features:
- Freehold, plot size 791m2
- Interior space ca. 288m2
- Cellar ca. 36m2
- Alarm system
- Oil tank has been removed (KIWA-certificate)
- Exterior repainted in 2018
- All zinc and lead guttering replaced in 2018
- Meranti hardwood window frames with double-paned glass
- Conservatory outfitted in 2018 with newly insulated glass windows and heat resistant safety glass in the skylights
- Sprinkler system and outdoor lighting in the garden
- Conservatory heated by both electric under-floor and central heating
- Electric under-floor heating in the 1st floor bathrooms
- Older construction and materials, as well as non-occupancy disclaimers will be included in the purchase agreement
- Structural inspection report available on request